Monday, February 13, 2012

Driving a Wimpy Car

Dear Gentlemen,
I have a problem I don't know how to deal with.  I drive a Camaro, but my girlfriend drives a Prius, which I've got no problem with. But whenever we go anywhere she insists we take her car to help save the earth.  What am I supposed to do?  Is the environment really more important than laying some serious rubber?

Sincerely,
Prius in My Pants, Northridge, CA



Dear Prius in My Pants,
A gentleman is a gentleman based on how he comports himself through life’s many travails, not on what he wears or drives.

That said, is your ladyfriend such an environmentalist that she hasn’t driven in the Camaro? If not, find some excuse for her to climb inside and feel the thrum and hear the growl of its 3.6 liter engine. Take her out on the highway and let her feel the power of the Camaro’s 323 horsepower engine. If that doesn’t soften her hard, green heart, you may be in trouble.

While it is hard to leave your sweet ride in the lot and tool around in the relatively emasculating Prius, it is a negotiation, like much of a relationship. You could propose that she choose the restaurant but you choose the car you take, or that you choose the movie but she choose the car you drive to it. Negotiate in good faith and keep your head high while you drive her shriveled nub of a car.

Hopefully,
The Gentleman

No comments:

Post a Comment