Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Can I Give Other Drivers the Finger?

Dear Gentlemen,
What really bugs me about other drivers is when they get angry. They honk or speed up and cut me off because they have some idea that I was being a jerk. Who knows. But I end up on the receiving end of some driving anger.

Is in inappropriate or ungentlemanly to give these guys the finger? I even want to give the finger to people I see who stop traffic to yell at other people. I know everyone thinks they are the only good and sane driver, but I just really want to tell some drivers they are assholes.

Thanks,
Itchy Finger, Easton, PA

Dear Mr. Finger,
A gentleman does not participate in road rage. It is a waste of energy.

However, you have touched on a grey area. You don't care about how a person drives, but how they react to the conditions on the road. Obviously you are hoping to carve out a space where you can both have the moral high ground and give someone the finger.

Generally, the rule must stand that a gentleman does not involve himself in road rage. But if you must give someone the finger, at least do it with a smile.

Pointedly,
The Gentlemen

No comments:

Post a Comment