Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Stoner You Kind of Know

Dear Gentlemen,
I recently attended my 10 year high school reunion and ran into a guy that I was not close friends with back in the day, but whom I liked and drank with on a few occasions. He knew I hung out with people who enjoyed their drugs, but we never did any drugs together. We both now have regular jobs and are married.

Anyway, this guy asked me if I had any stuff or knew whereto get any, which of course I did and I did. How is a gentleman to respond?

Sincerely,
Puzzled in Paducah



Dear Puzzled,
While there's nothing wrong with starting a new friendship over an illicit substance, a gentleman should occasionally ask himself the following question: Am I getting too old for this kind of thing?

The risk-reward scenario, while likely a non-factor in one’s youth, bears watching ten years out of high school. Here’s a guy you don’t really know, whose situation you’re only somewhat familiar with, asking you to produce something illegal. Now, 99% of the time, this situation is totally fine. But is it worth it for the 1% of times that it’s not?

Maybe the night is young, you're still a cool dude and the torpedoes be damned because life is short. Or maybe you can just wait to get high with people you know and trust.

Regards,
The Gentlemen

No comments:

Post a Comment