Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Gentleman, Neighbor

Dear Gentlemen,
I have lived in Brooklyn for many years. I have a new neighbor, a rich white girl, who complains about the noise I make. Not only do I not give a shit, I think anyone who lives in Brooklyn is obligated to not care about noise. If you want peace and quiet, then move to the entire rest of the country.

Can I tell this bunched up bitch to move to Jersey or do I have to stop listening to music after midnight?

Annoyed,
J. in Brooklyn



Dear J.,
Many gentlemen live in Brooklyn. So do many children, parents, elderly people and working people who don’t want to hear your music, especially through the walls of their homes throughout the night. It’s a wonderful place, but not a free-fire zone for inconsiderate behavior.

Being neighborly will enrich your life in unforeseen ways. Midnight is a fair compromise. Consider headphones.

Thoughtfully,
The Gentlemen

No comments:

Post a Comment